Outdoor Cooking Equipment and Outdoor Cooking Appliances
What is the best outdoor cooking equipment?
If you’re not planning on cooking in an open fire, then you’re definitely going to need some outdoor cooking appliances. When cooking in the outdoors, you use various outdoor cooking equipment for different methods of food preparation.
- Sheet pan, cast iron pan, disposable aluminum pan
- Cast iron skillets
- Outdoor Cooking pots such as Cast iron pots, stainless steel pots
- Portable Stove (backpacking stove, camping stove) These are very light and are therefore indispensable for backpackers. They are mostly used for boiling water, warming up foods, frying and steaming
- Outdoor cooking stove
- Outdoor cooking grills:(gas grill, dome grill etc.) Your outdoor cooking grill….
- Grill grate from a gas grill. You simply use 2 or 3 rocks around a camp fire and put the grate over it. Using your outdoor cooking grates like this is a good setup for roasting and grilling, making grilled steaks, burgers, grilled chicken, grilled corn and you can put pots and pans over it for making stews or for boiling water.
- Outdoor Cooking Dutch Oven: Most people go for the cast iron Dutch oven over an aluminum Dutch oven. Dutch ovens are great for a wide range of cooking methods including baking, boiling, stewing, frying, roasting etc.
Baking in Dutch ovens is possible because hot coals can be placed on top of it as well as below it. Apart from baking cake, Dutch ovens are perfect for making soups, stews, chili, muffins, roles, bread and popcorn.
What do YOU know about outdoor cooking equipment?
How do you set up your outdoor cooking system? What are your tips on purchasing and using outdoor cooking equipment for bringing out the magic in your cooking? Submit your tips or comments here.
Return from Outdoor Cooking Equipment to More Outdoor Cooking Adventure Topics
Return to Outdoor Adventure Life HomePage
Not sure where to look? Search this site: